Sunday, April 29, 2007

Worked to the bone...

Hey, everybody.

Nothing terribly exciting's been going on lately. Basically, I went to my sister for Shabbos, and since then, I've been slaving away for her, helping to clean the house for Pesach. My brother in law already thanked me profusely, as this means that he's of the hook ( or at least, he thinks so...).

Yesterday though, I went to get a haircut. When I came out afterwards, there was a meter maid writing me a ticket for some bogus thing called "alternate parking".

Me: What's this about?

Her: You didn't see the sign? ( she points to a sign right above my car that says in big red letters "No Parking Tuesdays 10:30 - 1:30". I shrug my shoulders.)

Me: Actually, I didn't ( she continues writing the ticket ).

Me: Any chance you could let me off with a warning?

Her: None. ( okay, she's playing hard to get? I wave my hand in front of her face, ala Jedi Mind Trick, and say in my most calm voice:)

Me: There's no need for a ticket, officer ( she gives me a look ).

Her: Who do you think you are? Obi Wan? Get out of here before I tow your car.

I must be really tired from all the work, because usually the Force is with me....

Originally posted Thursday, 29 March 2007

No comments: