Sunday, April 15, 2007

It's not the heat, it's the humidity...

I'm really sorry that I haven't posted in so long, but first I had problems getting on to the management, and then I was traveling home. I'm back in the States now, and I must say, I figured it would be better here weather wise than in Israel, but it's just as hot, plus, it is so humid that I can't breathe sometimes. And it's during the nine days, so showering is seriously limited.

Yesterday was the headstone unveiling for my grandfather A"H. As we stood baking in the cemetery, our rabbi spoke, and then my father spoke. It was very emotional, or at least, would have been more emotional, if we were'nt constantly being disturbed by my great aunts' sobbing uncontrollably. Not to be mean, and I realize that they are feeling a lot of pain as well, but I felt it was very selfish of them. We're all hurting to one degree or the next; there's no reason they have to overly dramatize everything. And they were, too. There's no call for them to clutch my grandmother's arm and ask her " You poor thing, you're all alone! What will you do? What will you do?" Don't they realize that they're blowing up a rough situation even worse? And when I'm trying to spend some quiet time by the grave myself, they walk over and start wailing in my ear, grabbing at me and all. It was very weird.

Aside from that, everything is just peachy.

I'm starting my job tomorrow. I'll be interning/ volunteering at an organizition that specializes in social services. I'd like to write about my experiences, but I have to wait and see if I can get permission; there are confidentiality issues here, and it needs to be okayed by the powers that be...

I'll keep y'all updated.

Originally posted Tuesday, 1 August 2006

No comments: