Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Survival...

For a long time, nothing.

Ater what seems like days - weeks, even - the blows come.

They rain down on me, hard and fast. Devastating. Crushing. They land on my head, my shoulders, my torso. For the moment, all I can do is try and protect my vitals. I shield myself, covering my face, and try to ignore the pain. There will be a lull after the opening salvo; he has me right now, but if I can just live it out until he needs to catch his breath...

An opening. I duck, lunge, roll and spring to my feet, arms raised. I stagger as I try to find equilibrium, try to keep him centered in front of me at all times. My peripheral vision is gone, but I ignore it and keep pace with him, my hands clenched into tight fists.

I'm bloody, and hurting. But I'm also catching my breath, and for the time being he won't get the drop on me again.

He laughs. He knows what I'm thinking, and he's smart. He's got all the time in the world...

If you think our battle with the Evil One is any different...

2 comments:

redsneakz said...

When we stand together, in a tzibbur, it's easier to withstand the blows of hasatan. Not easy, but easier.

Moe said...

THIS IS WHY I READ YOUR BLOG!!!! awesome!!!