Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hisbodedus for Succos

Master of the World!


See this Sukkah that I have built - toiling with hands unused to physical labor, hands softened by laziness and material excess - see the sweat and injury that I have undergone to prepare my service to You. So too should all my preparations for Your service be accepted and viewed as if I had labored intensely and with all of my faculties to their limits.


May it be Your will that as I completely surround myself in Your commandment of the Sukkah tonight, I should merit to fulfill the mitzvah properly, with all my heart and soul and might. And as I surround myself tonight, so may I merit to be enclothed in all of Your mitzvot, to perform them wholeheartedly.


May it be your will that as I take the four species together and shake them, so too should all my faculties and body parts come together in a cohesive unit to perform Your service.


And as the species represent the diversity of Your children, may our taking them together merit that all of our brethren should unite and identify with Knesset Yisrael, and we should witness the redemption speedily, Amen.


Wishing everyone a happy, healthy chag kosher v'sameach!

No comments: