Monday, July 4, 2011

Gimmel Tammuz 5771

I know that I haven't posted in a while - I've been really busy since starting my truncated summer semester. The workload is just staggering!

In any case, the following shiur is really more appropriate for sefirah, but because it features a phenomenal story about the Lubavitcher Rebbe OBM (whose yahrtzeit begins tonight, the third of Tammuz), I felt it fitting to post now. Enjoy!

    Get this widget |     Track details  | eSnips Social DNA    


For more on the Rebbe, see this post that I wrote last year.

Also, take a look at the below video, in which the Rebbe meets a grandson of the author of HaSulam, a commentary on the holy Zohar: I appreciate the Rebbe's reverence for his forebears - it's a lesson we can all learn from. Especially important is his assertion that chassidus is not synonymous with kabbalah, despite the fact that we are exposed to kabbalistic concepts through our study of chassidus. Moreover, his respect for other paths toward Truth is apparent.


Z'chuso yagein aleinu.

No comments: